Saturday, November 10, 2012

We have nothing to fear

Our Daily Bread
A famous leader once said "We having nothing to fear, but fear itself".  What an amazing saying!  Fear can paralyze us.  Fear can steal our joy.  Fear can keep us from a closer relationship with God.

As a Christian, that is even more true.  We have nothing to fear in this world.  God is with us.  He takes our hopes AND our fears and makes them into something  beautiful.  I will talk more about this in my Simply Saturday entry below!

Lord of All, thank you for knowing us inside and out. Please help us turn over all of our fears to you!

Simply Saturday
Fear
I hadn't thought about fear like the devotional mentioned in a while.  The last two times I thought about fear were the passages about "you are fearfully and wonderfully made" and "Do not be afraid".  The devotional today spurred my thinking to a different level.  I have read so many passages about "not fearing".  Paul talks about fear being a lack of faith.  How can such a basic human emotion be a lack of faith?

I understand this better now.  Yes, fear a natural human emotion.  So is envy and jealousy and other things that are just human emotions.  I understand now that fear is the lack of believing that God is in control.  The lack of giving things over to God so we can walk in confidence.  Walk in joy.  The lack of faith in believing the promises of God.  Wow!

I know I have a lot of fears that I hate to even talk about even though I think I am a somewhat fearless man.  Not!  Oh well.  I will practice faith.  I will practice belief.  I will practice trusting God in all situations.  I will practice having faith and believing in God's promises.  God, I believe.  Please help my unbelief!

What are your fears?  Can you pray about them and give them over to God each and every minute of each and every day?  We can do this!

******************************
U r a bcog  U r fawm  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment