Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Know it all

Our Daily Bread
OK, I will admit it.  I can be sort of a jerk sometimes because I can be a know it all kind of guy.  As I say "I am sort of smart".  Probably more of a smart a$$!

The apostle Paul seems to be smarter than I will ever be.  He was educated in many things as well as an expert in the Torah.  He was the cream of the crop of young Hebrews in his day.  Yet he wrote about his material things and all the other things in his life
"But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. " Phil 3:7-9

So no matter what "garbage" I obtain in this life.  No matter how many degrees or certifications I earn.  The only knowledge that really that really matters is knowing Christ!

Lord, thank you for letting us know you!

Wellness Wednesday
Just breathe
I like scanning the Healthy Living section of the Huffington Post (new.aol.com).  I ran across the article on "mindful breathing" the other day.  It is consistent with several other approaches to meditation and breathing-type activities like tai chi.  Check it out and do some mindful breathing.  It was a good reminder for me!

Secret number 23 from 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
Don't let your religious beliefs fade.
I liked number 23!  ;-)  I know it is sort of cliche to get more religious as we get older, but doing so has been very good for me in so many ways.  A young friend joked "I guess you would get closer to God when you are older since you will be seeing him soon!".  I never liked him...  ;-p  Have a relationship with God gives us a sense of purpose and a lifestyle that is the best thing for us.  I highly recommend it!

********************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment