Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yeah, what he said...

Our Daily Bread
I was fortunate to have some prayer friends in college.  I still have some today, but it is not the same as my younger days.  There were times that we were so fervent in our prayers and other times when we couldn't seem to put into words what we were thinking or feeling.  While going around our little circle, one of my friends covered everything that I was feeling and wanted to say to God.  Instead of repeating it all I just added "Yeah, what he said..."  ha!

I have the same sentiment today when I read many of the psalms.  I joked with my Bible study class "I am feeling psalmish this week"!  How does one feel psalmish?  The devotional explains it pretty well!  Those times in your life when you just aren't feeling it as a Christian.  You feel others are laughing at and mocking you because of who you are or who you profess to be.  Those times when we can't seem to see what God is doing in our lives.  Promises aren't being kept.  Deliverance not being delivered.  You know the feeling.

The devotional also emphasizes that Psalm 22 includes the flip-side -- telling of God's faithfulness and reassuring the psalmist of God's presence.  Wow!  I pray that we can all remember the flip-side during our "psalmish" times!

Lord, thank you for being the eternal, Almighty God.  Please help us to remember your faithfulness at all times!

Technology Thursday
Do you have a wireless network at home?  A lot of folks do now.  My house isn't huge, but I found that my wireless network signal wasn't always that strong in some parts of my house, like my basement.  I have two devices down there that use my wireless network.  They weren't picking up the signal very well.  I also had trouble using my iPad and phone on my wireless network down there as well.  The solution: I purchased and installed a "repeater" - Uspeed WIFI Repeater Access Point

This entry is not a glowing endorsement for the product.  I haven't used it very much yet.  The setup is not very intuitive to say the least.  It is geared to the gear heads!  After the setup, you plugin the device to a power outlet in the area that needs the improved signal.  It is a little big for a dual outlet, so you might block both outlets with this thing.  Be warned.

When it works, it works very well.  Again, I haven't used it enough to get a good feel for its reliability.  I realized the other day that I had to reboot the device (unplug and plug back in ) before I could connect my iPad and computer to it.  I was able to connect my bluray player fairly easily a few days later.  I am not sure if it just gets stuck somehow or what.  I haven't figured that out yet.

The nice thing is that if you set it up as a repeater, you can extend your Internet connection a long way.  You can also use the same credentials that you use for your wireless network.  The bad thing might be you have to connect back to your original home wireless network when you leave the general area of the repeater (like when I go back to my office or upstairs to my bedroom with my iPad).

There are many devices like this.  I picked this one because it was relatively inexpensive and it got decent reviews on Amazon.com.  Check this or other devices like it out on Amazon or your local computer equipment store.

*****************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment