Monday, November 12, 2012

Real courage

Our Daily Bread
I have been a sickly person most of my life.  I thought seriously about joining the military after high school to play in the band and earn money for college.  No way.  My medical history was too colorful for that!  I always think of how my life would have been different if I had been healthier.  I know now that God made me this way for a reason.

It is not like we can go to the wizard that get some courage, is it?  ha!  We can go to God!  Regardless of how God made us, we can all have courage for him.  I liked the tag line of the devotional:
Courage is not having strength to go on—it is going on when you don’t have the strength.

It sort of follows along with the catch phrase at the bottom of this entry, doesn't it?  ;-)  As I have said a hundred times in this blog (more a reminder to myself than anyone): God is with us.  We have a choice to be courageous when we turn things over to him!

Lord, thank you for the peace and joy and strength that passes understanding.  Please help us rely on your for more!

Movie Monday
I saw a preview of the new James Bond movie, Skyfall, on Wednesday.  I love seeing cool movies for free!  If you are a James Bond fan, you will probably love this movie.  If you are a casual James Bond fan, you will probably like it a lot!  It had the typical Bond action.  It had a beautiful Bond girl.  It had a bizarre villain.  It was filmed in exotic places.  Wow!  I will probably see it again in the theaters.

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it now!  ;-)

**************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment