Friday, November 23, 2012

Rich...in good deeds

Our Daily Bread
I am a very fortunate man.  I have worked hard, and by the grace of God, I am in a place in my life where I can go out and buy most of the things that I really want.  This is frustrating to friends and family around birthdays and holidays.  I keep telling them that the little, thoughtful things they give mean more than any big present.  My mother brought my favorite cream horn from Buehlers yesterday.  It costs $1.25.  I really appreciated her thoughtfulness.

This is a long story to lead to an important point -- we don't have to be rich to give of ourselves.  We don't have to be wealthy to give of our time and love.  I will never be the Warren Buffett financially, but I would like to be the Warren Buffett of sharing and loving others more than myself.  Loving God more than anything in this life.  Give of the most precious thing you have -- yourself.

Lord, thank you for each gift of each person.  Please help each of us give of ourselves!

Foodie Friday
OK, so it is the day after Thanksgiving.  Have lots of leftovers?  I took the liberty of finding several web sites with recipes for leftovers!  Woohooo!  Frankly, I can eat turkey and gravy A LOT!  ;-)  I hope you find some good recipes from these sites:


Turkey Leftover Recipes - Allrecipes.com
Looking for turkey leftover recipes? Allrecipes has more than 120 trusted recipes for leftover turkey complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.


Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes:
Turkey Leftovers, Turkey Sandwiches from the FoodNetwork
Get recipes, ideas and tips for eating Thanksgiving leftovers from Food Network.


Ham Leftover Recipes | Taste of Home Recipes
Find recipes for using up leftover ham from the holidays, including ham leftover recipes for dinner, breakfast or any time!




*************************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment