Monday, November 26, 2012

Just another love song

Our Daily Bread
My guess is that the number one topic of popular songs is love.  Beautiful love that will last forever.  Forgotten love.  Lusting love.  Broken hearts from lost love.  They are all there -- sometimes all those things are in one country song alone!  ha!

The devotional talks about an everlasting kind of love -- the love of God.  The love that permeates our being so completely, that we have no other choice than to share it with others.  It doesn't have to be a huge, sweeping gesture.  Showing the love of God can be the smallest of things.  Listen to his leading today so you can share his love with others.  Like the song says that I have been writing about "I want to live like that..."

Lord, thank you for your everlasting love.  Please help us share it with others!

Movie Monday
I got to see three movies last week: Life of Pi, Wreck it Ralph and Lincoln.

Life of Pi
I will apologize right now because I just didn't get this movie.  Maybe it is because I didn't read the book.  Some friends of mine on Facebook raved about it.  Oh well.  I think it should win every Oscar for cinematography.  That was amazing.  See it in 3D and IMAX if at all possible.  It was stunning.  As far as the story, it is about a young Indian man that survives a shipwreck.  This is amazing considering the length of time that he survived and that he was sharing a raft with a full-grown Bengal tiger!

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it in 3D IMAX if at all possible.

Wreck it Ralph
Very cute and lesson-ridden!  ha!  "You can be a bad guy, but not be a BAD GUY. Huh?" is one of the cute quotes from the bad guy support group.  Yes, life can change for us when we push ourselves our of our rut!  The story is about Wreck it Ralph, the bad guy in a video game.  He gets tired of his bad guy life and sets out to change it in other video games.  There were some laughs to be had as well as lessons to be learned!  ;-)

I give this two bear paws.  You can rent this one, though the colors were pretty on the big screen.

Lincoln
I think this was my favorite movie of the year so far (I am still waiting to see The Hobbit when it comes out). I think this movie should win every acting Oscar, the best director and best screen play.  It was amazing.  I was mesmerized for over two hours.  I also learned a lot about American politics that I didn't really "get" before!  See it as soon as possible.

I give this movie four out of four bear paws!  See it as soon as you can!

***************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment