Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where can we go?

Our Daily Bread
I love science fiction movies a lot.  One of my favorite series of movies is Alien, where the creatures have to get inside a human to change from a gross hatchling into a really gross and dangerous young adult.  The poor human can't escape the alien inside him and dies after the alien burst through his chest!  Yikes!

Sin is sort of like that.  It attaches itself inside us if we let it in.  It will continue to grow.  It will kill us if we let it take our heart and burst through our chest!  Yikes!  Unlike the movie, we have a solution -- Jesus Christ.  Christ can wipe away our sins and give us a clean start no matter how bad we are.  He showed it over and over again in the New Testament.  Yes, we might have scars from our sins and actions.  There are always consequences from our sins.  God will help us get on the right road for our lives.  Will you trust him to do that today?

Lord, thank you for grace and mercy.  Thank you for delivering from the scariest creature of all -- ourselves!

Wellness Wednesday
This topic has been a big one for me this year: healthy snacking.  Here is a cool article talking about what nutritionists eat between meals.  In short, they eat things like:

  1. Greek yogurt and honey
  2. brussels sprouts or carrots
  3. roasted seaweed
  4. a cup of hot chocolate
  5. a green apple with almond butter
  6. half an avocado
  7. dried cherries and roasted nuts
  8. Refer to the article for the rest and the reasons behind these choices!

Secret number 23 from 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
Don't let your religious beliefs fade.

This secret is one of the biggest reasons I write this blog.  I went for about twenty years or so where I let my spiritual life fade into an afterthought.  No more.  I am much happier with my life when I am making the right decisions based on what God leads.  Amazing!

*************************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment