Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Daily Bread - Thanksgiving Thursday
As you would guess, the devotional today is about what else?  Thanksgiving!  I find it interesting that Christians complain about the commercialization of Christmas, but don't complain about the "religionization" of Thanksgiving!  It is basically a secular holiday even though someone supposedly said a prayer at the first Thanksgiving meal.

I have no problem with it because I think folks in general are not thankful enough for what they have.  I know I am not.  I always want more and buy more.  God is working in me to look outside myself more.  I am not what I own.  My worth is who I am in God. I am (and you are) a beloved child of God (BCOG).  Let us be truly thankful for all we have.

Here are two passages that I liked when I searched for the word "thanksgiving" on biblegateway.com:


Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

I can do this!  ;-)

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Still working on the "don't be anxious" part!

Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you.  We praise you and lift you up.  Please help us have faith in your promises.  Forgive our unbelief!


*******************************
Keep praising God from whom all blessings flow. - odb.org, Thanksgiving 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment