Saturday, November 3, 2012

God is my copilot -- I mean Pilot!

Our Daily Bread
I used to love cartoons when I was little.  My favorite was Bugs Bunny.  He was always getting into trouble, but always had some clever way to outsmart his adversary.  The characters were always so unique and their dialogue so witty!  I guess that is where I get my wit from!  Scary, huh?  One character would always say "Which way did he go?  Which way did he go?"  Ha!

As Christians, we need to ask the question "Which way should we go?" each and every day.  Asking God to lead us with his Holy Spirit to we can accomplish the things God has for us.  Experience the joys of serving God through the simplest of acts at times.  It is amazing to me!  What an amazing God we have!

Today, let's all ask God "Which way should we go?" and see where he takes us!

Lord, which way should we go?  Which way should we go?  Your humble servants are listening.

Simply Saturday
I have been slowly getting over my angst psalmish feelings and have been focusing on the praise psalmish feelings.  ;-)  Praise God!

The psalm passage from the devotional was very meaningful to me:


Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me,
and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked
way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
—Psalm 139:23-24

Wow!  I am not sure I want God to Google my heart and life!  ha!  What search results would that search return!  Yikes!  What is so funny to me is that we don't always remember that God already knows all these things.  He doesn't need Google or anything else to search our hearts and lives.  He knows our anxieties.  He sees the wicked in each of us.  Most importantly, he will lead us in the way everlasting if we just follow.

Like my devotional reading above said: Today, let's all ask God "Which way should we go?" and see where he takes us!


****************************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide -

No comments:

Post a Comment