Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No matter what

Our Daily Bread
I listen to Contemporary Christian music most of the time on my iPod.  One of my favorite songs is "No Matter What" by Kerrie Roberts.  I even have a dance mix of it in my workout music!

The theme of the devotional today is very similar.  We are never abandoned by God, no matter how it feels like it at times!  I love reading the honest and soulful pleas in the Psalms.  The thing that most folks don't notice is that there is always a "I believe in you, God, and what you can do" section in every psalm.  Here are the two verses from Psalm 13:5-6

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.

Yes!  We have God's unfailing love!  He has been good to us!  Let us all rejoice in his salvation no matter what!


Lord, please help always remember you are with us no matter what!

Teaching Tuesday
The Joseph Saga
The lesson this week was about Joseph.  What an amazing man!  I loved reading about his whole story again.  Here are the things I learned this week:

  1. Just because God may have blessed you in ways that others can only imagine, you do not need to flaunt it.
  2. The gifts God gives are from him and not of our own power, for example, Joseph's ability to interpret dreams.
  3. God can and will work in every situation, even when it is not ideal

So unless your family sold you into slavery and a sexy queen got you thrown into prison, I don't think we have a lot to complain about!  Praise God!

********************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment