Thursday, November 15, 2012

Superstar

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I like movies, often silly movies.  A movie that had some former Saturday Night Live characters is called Superstar.  A SNL character acts like a teenage girl that dreams of being a superstar when she grows up.  There are a lot of funny moments!

Well, we have the opportunity to have a special relationship with a God that transcends any superstar status we can think of on this planet!  I think that is so amazing!  We can get to know him through his Word and through a personal relationship if we take the time and make the effort.  I love the story of young Samuel when he was instructed by his mentor to say this to God:
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” I Samuel 3:10

What are you saying to God today?

Lord, thank you for speaking to us.  Please help us listen and obey!

Technology Thursday
New toy
I have been looking for a good deal on a new laptop.  I love my tablets, but there are just some things you need a laptop for!  I wanted something that was less than $500, 6 - 8 gig of RAM, at least an i5 Intel processor, LED backlit screen, at least one USB 3.0 port and a screen between 13.3" and 15.6".  Other wish list items, but not showstoppers, were an SSD (very fast hard drive), dedicated video memory, and a bluray drive.
HP ENVY dv4-5213cl Linen White Laptop Intel® Core™ i5-3210M 2.50GHz
I found what I think is a great deal on an HP Envy db4-5213cl.  Costco has it listed on their web site for $629.99 (on special).  My local store had another special on it for $499.99!  Woohooo!  I have only seen one deal that was much better, but it was a misprint in a Microcenter ad!  I noticed that the Costco web site model has Windows 8 on it.  Mine was the last laptop they had with Windows 7.  I am not sure I will ever switch to Windows 8 after what I have seen!  Oh well.  That is another article!

The laptop is pretty fast with the i5 processor and the 8 gig of RAM.  There is a lot of bloatware on the laptop.  That always makes me mad!  I am cleaning it off and putting my software on slowly but surely.

If you are looking for a laptop, I recommend checking it out.

*************************************

We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - odb.org

No comments:

Post a Comment