Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stirred, but not shaken

Our Daily Bread
I love James Bond movies.  The latest one, Skyfall, was very good in my opinion.  I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago.  The best part is that I got to see it for free!  Woohooo!  One of his signature lines is "Shaken, not stirred" when ordering his martinis.  I propose a different saying for Christians: "Stirred, not shaken"!

I derived this from the scripture passage in Psalm 112.  Verses 6 -7 say:

6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
    they will be remembered forever.
7 They will have no fear of bad news;
    their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

Wow!  Never be shaken!  I want to live like that!  How about you?

Lord, thank you for your steadfast love and faithfulness.  Please help us never be shaken, but rather stirred by your Holy Spirit!


Technology Thursday
Here is some miscellaneous stuff from the technology world:

Apple releases new iMacs tomorrow
Apple will start selling its ultra-thin iMac tomorrow in the 21.5" version.  The 27" version will be available next month.  If you haven't seen a picture of it yet, take a look at this:

It is amazingly thin!  Lots of power, too!  Lots of cash, too!  I am not sure it is worth it to get such an elegant machine for two or three times the price of a Windows machine, but it would be tempting!  I guess I will have to pass since I didn't win the lottery!

Samsung Galaxy Tabs being discontinued?
My best friend caught a great sale on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 last weekend.  I am not sure if they are discontinuing that model because they came out with the Galaxy Note 10.1 or what is going on.  Friends who waited to buy one after the weekend had trouble finding them at the low price.  BTW, my best friend loves the device!

Hands on iPad Mini
My hands shook.  My eyes marveled.  I held one of the iPad Minis yesterday.  Wow.  I think it is the perfect device for me. It is a little larger than other small tablets I have used, but lighter.  It felt good in my hand, like I could read or surf the web with it.  Wow!  Would I buy myself one?  Nah.  I will wait for the retinal display model to come out next year.  It sort of looked like a large iPhone 4S with a faster processor!  ha!  I really like it though.  I can see one in my future.  I don't really like my Google Nexus 7 tablet  ;-(

*******************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment