Saturday, July 20, 2013

A New Song

Our Daily Bread
Noooooooo!  Not another earworm!  A friend mentions a song on Facebook or posts a video.  My most recent was The Cup Song from Pitch Perfect.  Yikes!  I think I broke five cups trying to do the cup part of the song!  ha!

We can get earworms in our head sometimes that aren't healthy for us.  They can either be a song that is not good for us or some kind of self-deprecating message that repeats over and over in our heads.  Stop!  We should find some earworm antidote songs!  ha!  Yes, some songs that we can use to clear our minds.  In college, the Imperials song The Trumpet of Jesus was one of my songs.  Today, I have different songs in and out of my mind as I hear new ones.  Lately, I used Hello! My name is and Every Good Thing.  Thank God for earworm antidotes and for mantras to help us rid our minds of negative thoughts!

Lord, thank you for helping us deal with all the stuff that hits us each day!

Simply Saturday
Forget the Plan
If you have read my blog at all, you have probably figured out I am a planner.  I plan stuff.  I like to organize my life, not because I am OCD, but because it helps me be more efficient and reach my goals.  What does it mean to be a Christian who is a planner?  ha!

For me, I find that I need balance.  I don't always get to execute my plan the way I originally create it.  That is fine.  I am used to that from my project management training.  Since my plans are personal plans, I deal with the emotional baggage that comes along with changes that I don't have to deal with at work.  What do you mean I didn't meet my goals for being 30?  or 35?  or 50?  Sometimes stuff just happens.  Sometimes I screw up.  Sometimes God leads me in a different way.

That is the balance thing again -- I try to balance having a flexible plan or one that God change as needed.  I try to pray before creating a plan, which has worked well for me.  I also know that I need to let things go at times, even my best made plans.

I encourage you to set goals (Google SMART goal setting) based on your prayers and God's leading.  I encourage you to be flexible to follow the road as God's leading takes you.  As one writer said: "What does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading?"  Praise God!

********************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment