Monday, July 8, 2013

Who we are

Our Daily Bread
I am sure we have all met THOSE kind of people.  You know the ones.  They look down their nose and say "Don't you know WHO I am?"  I love saying "I am sorry, but I have no clue!"  That always gets their goat!

There is a time when it is appropriate for us to ask that question.  Whenever Satan tries to tempt us or evil tries to triumph over us, we can ask him: Don't you know who I am?  Like I wrote on Saturday: I am a child of the One True King!  Now, get thee behind me!  I gots loving and praising to do!  Yes, we do have power, the power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ over the dark powers of this world.  We can do more than survive.  We can overcome!

Lord, thank you for loving us, now and forever!  We praise you and thank you!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies this weekend: Despicable Me 2 and The Lone Ranger.

Despicable Me 2
Oh my gosh, I thought the second movie was even cuter than the first!  I laughed til I cried and then I cried at the sweetness of it all!  The minions were so cute and funny.  The story line was a little sappy, but it was fine.  If you liked the first movie, you will love this one too!  I saw it in a theater with a ton of kids and they all loved it too.

I give this one three bear paws.  See it in a theater just so you don't have to wait for the video or streaming versions!

The Lone Ranger
You can wait on this one!  It was 2.5 hours of movie with about thirty minutes of action.  There was another fifteen minutes of humorous interaction between the two main characters.  That leaves a LOT of dead space in there!  The movie was too long and the action too sparse.  The end of the movie was almost worth the price of admission, but not so much.

I give this one two bear paws (for the characters and last scenes).  You can wait and rent this one.

**********************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment