Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Influence

Our Daily Bread
for·mi·da·ble -- inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, or capable.  Yes, this silly old bear has been described using this word.  My dream is that I inspire because I am capable, but I realize that I can cause fear because of being too intense.  ;-(

What influence do you have?  As a child of God, we are sent out to bring others in to the kingdom of God.  We are a people of influence if we follow God's plan for our lives.  Through love we can show God's love.  Through mercy we can show God's mercy.  Through forgiveness we can show God's forgiveness.  Through service we can show how Christ gave us the example of servanthood.  How will you influence others for God today?

Lord, thank you for making us a special people, a people who are your loving, humble servants!

Teaching Tuesday
I read some more of Surprised by Joy this week.  CS Lewis described his teenage years and his development.  It was interesting that he talked about losing his faith during this period.  I am interested in reading more about this and how he was truly surprised by joy.  I will try to finish the book this week.

How about you?  Have you had periods when you doubted God or felt he had left you alone and scared?  Ever dealt with periods when you felt like you lost your faith?  I think we all have at one time or another.  The interesting thing is that different events can start those feelings in different people.

I pray we all find our place in God's kingdom and serve him with our whole hearts!

*******************************
If we’re gonna pray about it
There’s no use in worrying
If we’re gonna worry about it
Why are we praying
Just leave it in the hands of the Father
Leave it in the hands of the Healer
Leave it in the hands of Jesus
And walk away
Walk away   -- Brandon Heath & Thad Cockrell

No comments:

Post a Comment