Monday, July 15, 2013

Like to know the ending?

Our Daily Bread
I am not one that reads the end of the book first, but I was tempted while reading the last three Harry Potter books.  I read rumors.  I avoided spoilers.  I decided to wait until I read the entire book for each of them before reading the final chapter.  Wow.  I am glad I did!

I have mixed feelings about folks reading the last book of the Bible first to "know how it all ends".  While reading it with a commentary or study guide can give you some amazing insights and an incredible sense of awe of our One True God, reading it first can also be a source of great confusion for many.  Several friends over the years got soooooo confused about the prophecies in Revelation instead of focusing on the intended meanings.  They also focused there and stopped reading the rest of the Bible because "it was all so confusing".  That is the point I tell them "remember the big two: Love God and Love others.  Everything else will fall into place!"

Lord, we thank you for being the one and only Almighty God and for wanting a relationship with us.  We praise you Holy Name!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the theater this week.  I started driving to Easton on Saturday, then started coughing to bad to sit through a movie.  I went home and slept instead.  I guess I needed  the nap!

I watched The Great and Powerful Oz bluray with my roommate last week.  We had a nice time laughing and carrying on about the movie.  Not a "Great" movie, but a "good" one for a relaxing night.

My watch list at the theater:
Pacific Rim
The Heat
White House Down

****************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment