Saturday, July 6, 2013

Six to eight glasses a day

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever been on one of those weight loss (or lifestyle change) periods where it instructs you to drink six to eight glasses of water a day?  This is to flush out harmful things from your body.  Eating right and drinking right can lead us to a healthy life!

The devotional talks about "avoiding dehydration" in a spiritual sense.  Whenever we think we can handle things on our own, we push Jesus, the Living Water, away from us.  We can end up with spiritual dehydration as we fail over and over to follow God's will for our lives and do the things he wants us to do.

Are you feeling spiritually dizzy and disorientated today?  Call up the Living Water of Jesus to fill your life each and every moment of each and every day!

Lord, thank you for living water.  Please help us to rely on it daily for strength.

Simply Saturday
My Name is
If you have read my blog at all, you probably noticed that music speaks to me in a multitude of ways.  Sometimes it is classical, sometimes pop, sometimes Contemporary Christian music.  While listening to the radio last night I heard a new song that I immediately purchased on iTunes: My Name is by Matthew West.  I listed the lyrics below.

So this song is a follow up to an incident a few weeks ago.  I posted some sad, pitiful message on Facebook that sounded soooooo sinful like I robbed a bank or leaked national secrets.  DOH!  This transparency thing sort of sucks at times!  Several friends reacted like I mentioned last week.  What was my huge sin that was weighing me down?  "I let someone steal my joy...again.  That can't happen ever again".  There were some shrugs over that response!

Back to the song for today.  What name tag are you wearing today?  Regret?  Defeat? Is the wreckage you left behind dragging you down?  Let's ALL change our name tag to "Child of the One True King".  God's amazing grace is the song we sing as he makes all things new in us.  Leave it all behind.  I know it is difficult.  Circumstances cannot dictate our mood or steal our joy unless we let them.

My name is Duane and I am a Child of the One True God!  Nice to meet you!

****************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment