Monday, July 29, 2013

Love songs

Our Daily Bread
While reading the devotional entitled "What's Love?", I thought of some of the many love songs that I liked over the years.  A long love song medley from Moulin Rouge.  What's Love got to do with it by Tina Turner.  What is Love by Haddaway.  Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney and Wings.  Sooooo many songs!

The church songs I choose to remember say so much more about God's love than any of those other songs.  Amazing Grace and When I survey the Wondrous Cross are two of my favorites.  What is love?  Love is God sending his only Son to die on the cross for our sins.  Love is his amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.  Love so amazing that it demands our all!

Lord, you have shown us what love is -- your most glorious invention!  Please help us love you and love others better!

Movie Monday
I saw The Wolverine this weekend.  It was half way decent, but not a "you gotta see it now" movie as far as I am concerned.  To be fair, I saw it at the drive in theater which is not the best venue for movie lovers like me.  The FM stereo sound was good.  The picture was just OK.  Sitting in a parking lot with hundreds of my closest friends and their cars was not ideal!  ha!  The plot centers around The Wolverine trying to face some of his long-time demons.  It happens after the last X-Men movie to set the timing of the events.  He travels to Japan to honor an old friend.  Lots of hijinx ensue!

I give this one two bear paws.  See it in the theater if you are a Wolverine fan.  Watch it on Netflix if not.

**************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment