Thursday, July 25, 2013

Three wishes

Our Daily Bread
Ever played the "three wishes" game?  You know how it goes.  If you found a jeanie in a bottle and were granted three wishes, what would they be?  Would one of them be "wisdom"?  Most of us would not think of that!

Our best example of someone seeking wisdom is King Solomon.  He was known for his wisdom throughout the Bible!  Paul writes about wisdom in the New Testament.  Both his writings and the writings in the Old Testament talk about wisdom like it is a person!  Very interesting!  So how do we get wisdom?  Is there an online class I can take?  Cliff Notes?  ha!
Here is how:  “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to [you]” (1:5)  Just ask and let God work in you!

Lord, thank you for offering the wisdom that only you can give.  Please help us to be wise enough to ask for it!

Technology Thursday
Leap Motion
I finally received the new toy I ordered last year!  It is the Leap Motion device.  I posted something about it a few months ago when I found out the device would be delayed AGAIN.  The device gives a motion interface to a PC or laptop, much like the Microsoft Kinect device for the Xbox.  I haven't tried it yet.  I have it on my desk to try out this weekend.

Here is an article I found on the device:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/24/technology/innovation/leap-motion/index.html
Here is the company web site:
https://www.leapmotion.com/

Check out the demo on the home page!

*******************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment