Friday, July 26, 2013

Good ground or rocky ground?

Our Daily Bread
Like the author of the devotional, I have parts of my back yard that don't want to grow grass.  The funniest part is that the places I don't want it to grow, like the landscaping, it grows like crazy!  Noooooo!  I was laughing to myself this morning while reading the devotional.  I mixed in some peat moss and some manure into the affected areas in hopes of helping the grass grow.  My new joke is that we have to experience some crap in our lives to grow!  ha!

Seriously though, I really like the passage of scripture about the seeds.  This parable tells us so much about human nature and how we work.  Ever thought of that?  Are you fertile soil for the seed of Christ will grow and take root?  Or are you rocky ground that may not grow at all?  Maybe grow a little, but not take root?  Very interesting parable!  Let us all think about how we can be fertile soil so the seed of Christ can take root like a tree planted by the water!

Lord, thank you for teaching us so much about ourselves in your parables.  Please grow in us!

Foodie Friday
I tried two restaurants that were new to me recently: PeiWei and Chile Verde.  They are both in the Polaris Parkway area.  

PeiWei
A new friend had me try this place, then my roommate wanted to go there as well after I told him about my experience.  The food is very reasonable and tastes good.  The recipes can have some unexpected tastes at times.  The first time I had Pad Thai.  Great taste, but the noodles seemed too thick to me.  It had lots of chicken and peanuts. Very tasty when I wasn't fighting the noodles.  Unexpected taste: lots of cilantro.  The second time I had the Thai lettuce wraps.  This was also tasty, large portion, however, it had a sweet, odd taste at times.  I am not sure what it was.  I will try the regular lettuce wraps next time.  I also had the pork egg rolls.  The first time, the egg roll was very tasty, but also very greasy.  The second time they were perfect.  Great taste alone or with a soy sauce or mustard.  Give it a try!  This is pronounced "pay-way", not "pee-wee" like my roomie calls it!  ha!  It is also interesting to note this chain is part of PF Changs so you can use your PF Changs gift cards here as well!

Chile Verde
I am not sure if it was just an off day or what happened, but whoever did the cooking the day we went to Chile Verde couldn't resist over-salting things.  Neither of us could finish our soups.  His main course was so salty he stopped eating it after two bites. Mine was a little over-salty, but still edible.  I also had a fried ice cream with lots of chocolate sauce for dessert.  Very yummy!  I have not heard the "too much salt" complaint from other friends, so this may have been an aberration.  

*****************************
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment