Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Under contruction

Our Daily Bread
I love living in Columbus, Ohio!  There are some times it is not as fun like when road construction keeps me from getting to where I want to go at a certain time.  There has been a LOT of construction the past few years and it will continue until at least the end of 2014.  Having oft used exits unavailable can cause some anger at times!

I loved the analogy used in the devotional -- our lives are sort of like roads under construction.  Sometimes a simple patch job will fix something in our lives.  Sometimes it is a total rip and replace!  Yikes!  It can be more inconvenient as the actual road closures on the highway and even painful at times.  Our lives can feel like a well-designed road that is a joy to drive on!  God knows what we need.  Trust God to be the Master Construction Planner and the Holy Spirit to work in you!

I met a new friend over the weekend.  He is very sweet and tried to fix me up with guys.  I told him that I am not looking right now nor am I flirting because I must get more disciplined about flirting.  He said "I haven't seen you flirt at all!".  I said "Yes! That is the point.  Practice makes perfect!"  ha!  God is working in me.  I pray that you allow him to work in you, too.

Lord, I have some roads that are going nowhere.  Please redesign these roads and pave the way to serving you and loving others better!

Teaching Tuesday
I didn't take the time to read any more of the Surprised by Joy book last week.  I will read more this week.  I shared this article on Facebook yesterday.  I thought it was worth sharing again on my blog.

Romans 1.26-7: The Bible 'Says' Homosexuality Is a Sin?
www.huffingtonpost.com

This is a well thought out article that makes sense regardless of what you believe.  My favorite section says:
In the end, no amount of scholarship will sway the majority of those who view homosexuality through the lens of Victorian morality. Scholarship has yet to change the minds of Young Earth Creationists and others who hold to untenable tenants, after all. In the end, we are called to love every one and condemn no one as Paul tells us, even -- especially -- those who would misuse scripture and abuse others to their own ends.

We can't judge those who judge us.  We can just love and pray for them!

*****************************
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment