Friday, July 5, 2013

Constant reminder

Our Daily Bread
I like to watch and play tennis.  There are sooo many good tennis players out there, but most of them have one thing in common -- some kind of weakness.  For me, it is my backhand stroke.  I have a decent slice backhand, but it can be exploited if a player can continue hitting to it over and over.  It definitely keeps me humble despite how good my forehand stroke is!

Our life in Christ has some of the same characteristics.  We all have some things that we are very, very strong at, whether it be prayer or caring for the sick or singing or preaching, etc.  AND, we all have our weaknesses.  ALL of us have our weaknesses.  I don't know about you, but I am reminded of mine each and every day.  How do we deal with those weaknesses?  Well, we practice to get stronger!  I practice my backhand whenever I get the chance.  I put it to use in my league matches when I am under pressure.

We can do this with our spiritual weaknesses.  We can do this!

Lord, thank you for giving us eyes to see our weaknesses and the strength to overcome them.  Praise God!

Foodie Friday
So I get adventurous at times, especially when I see something I think looks cool or delicious or both.  For dinner group on Sunday, I am making a Polka dot cake.  In short, you bake some cake balls in different colors, then embed them in white layer cakes.  I will also try to make some real butter cream icing to frost it with.  Check out the web site below for the full instructions.  I included one of the pics to show you what I hope mine will look like!

Polka dot Cake


Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Recipe type: Desser t Author : Savor y Sw eet Life Pr ep time: 2 mins Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 5 mins Ser ves: 2.5 cups

Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or 1/2 pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal
texture should be like ice cream.
3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream

Instructions
1. Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn't blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.

Recipe by Sav ory Sw eet Life - Easy Recipes from an Ev eryday Home Cook at http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/buttercream-frosting/

*******************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment