Sunday, October 24, 2010

Can't we all just get along?

Our Daily Bread
The famous Rodney King quote still pops up every once in a while "Can't we all just get along?" This is especially important when it comes to the followers of God. How can we tell others about the love of God when we are wasting time bickering amongst ourselves? How can others see the love of God if we can't even show it to each other?

I almost sent this devotional and psalm to a friend who appears to be mad at me AGAIN. No idea what is going on. He won't talk to me. He is "not actively communicating". I said a short prayer before emailing him the devotion. God told me this "you need to take the log out of your own eye before picking out the twig out of the eyes of others". Whoa... I realize my eye sight hasn't been the best the past few years, but I thought I would have seen a log! hehehe I will continue to pray for God to help me with that task. I will continue to pray for my friend that our friendship will be filled with God's peace, love and light.

Lord, help me realize that when I point a finger at another believer, that I have three fingers pointing back at myself! No more logs... No more logs... Thank you!

Sunday Friend
My Sunday Friend is someone I will nickname Puppy Dog. My ex gave him that nickname because of the way he followed me around when I first moved to Columbus. I hated the way our friends treated this sweet man so I stuck up for him. My friends didn't appreciate that (so I had to redefine that friendship, for sure!).

Over the years, we got to be closer friends, especially after the breakup of my LTR. Dating was never in the cards for us, however, that didn't keep us from growing closer. We can talk about anything from the latest date to the last trip or the way we are feeling about things going on in our lives. I hope and pray that PD will find the man of his dreams. He really deserves someone special in his life. Thank you, PD, for being my friend!

Other Stuff
I was very, very busy yesterday with my volunteer work. I had a great time!

You know how music speaks to me. Almost any kind of music. I managed to find time while driving to listen to the "Defying gravity" song a few times (from my dream the other night). I looked up the lyrics this morning. A few phrases jumped out at me as part of the interpretation of my dream:
But I don't want it -
No - I can't want it
Anymore:

Wow! It hit me that I am sick and tired of most bizarre relationship of my life. I really don't want it. I CAN'T want it any more or I will never be ready to move on to the man I supposed to be with. Though I care about this man very much, I will not play by his rules any more (see below!). I want to play by God's rules. God doesn't want his people treating others the way he treats people (see above -- I promise to take the log out of my own eye as well). I will continue to pray for this man and be his friend.

And you can't pull me down!
When you try to defy gravity, there is always a sudden THUMP at the end when you finally hit the ground! That is the way gravity works! The incredible thing with God is that when you rely on him to defy gravity in your life, then chances of the sudden THUMP at the end drop drastically! hehehe By relying on God to defy gravity I mean relying on him to defy the things are holding you back from being the kind of person or the child of God you should be. Wow! All of this came out of one funky dream! Rely on the power of God to empower you to soar in your life. There will be energy vampires, game players and others who will try to pull you down. Pray for them. Be a friend. Do not try to fix them or fix their problems. God will lead you on what you should do to help them and protect yourself.

Lastly, this text summarizes what is coming next for me.
Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

I will not second guess myself on this situation. I can be very hard on myself when I don't live up to my own expectations. I refuse to go back to sleep to the things I know aren't right. I will trust my instincts that have served me well my whole life. I will trust God and leap!

My prayer is that my writings about this dream and my life struggles give you hope and encouragement. May it be so.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment