Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hold fast...

ODB.org
Ever feel like you can't hold on for even one more minute, much less one more hour or one more day? Ever feel like you are all alone and the situation will never end? I think we all feel something like this at least once in our life. No, I am not recommending belting out a few verses of "I will survive"! hehehe

The point of today's devotional is that you aren't alone. You don't have to take on the world all by yourself. We can lean on God to help us not only survive these times, but thrive through them!

For me, I sometimes let the stresses of my life, which are really not that bad when compared to many folks, get to me. I feel estranged and alone. I feel like no one cares. I feel like sharing these feelings will end up in judgment and rejection. God is not like that. He is there to listen and care. He often tests us on the things that are important for us to learn. Hold fast, meaning hold on, my friend. Be steady. Be faithful to his word. He will be faithful to you.

Lord, your love is faithful and never ending. Thank you for being my rock and my salvation. Let me know the joy of your salvation.

iTunes Tuesday
Did you know that many of the latest DVD releases include a free digital copy of the movie that you can load on your portable media player like a phone or iPod? I bought the bluray disk of Iron Man 2 last night. It includes a coupon to download the movie from iTunes so I can view it on my iPhone, iPad, or on my computer. How cool is that? Check out when you buy your next DVD or blu-ray.

I don't usually buy albums by artists. I like the flexibility of purchasing only the songs I like. One of my favorite things to do is buy a compilation album. To the old farts reading this blog, it is like a mix tape! hehehe So what do the younger folks do now? Make a mix playlist? hehehe

The compilations offer a mix of popular songs from different artists. I like the WOW Christian Hits CDs the best, but buy other ones occasionally.

One last "Did you know" for this week. Did you know you can buy karaoke tracks on iTunes? These are pretty cool as well. Check that out when you get a chance.

Other Stuff
I had a long day yesterday. I worked from 7 am to 6 pm, capped off by a coworker collapsing in the restroom. I helped out with that situation as best as I could. We have not heard anything about her this morning.

I had to run errands after work. I finally got home and had a little time to read my D2 stuff. I am caught up now after missing week 2. I want to review the readings from this week tonight and before class tomorrow night. I am supposed to sit with a sick friend tonight after work. I should have time to read and study.

The title of today's blog is a song "Hold Fast" that I am listening to a lot. Being steady means holding fast to God's promises and relying on his strength even when you don't "feel" like it. There is a difference between withdrawing from life because you can't handle it and exiling yourself because God is trying to teach you something. God asked me to exile myself from dating for a while to teach me some things. I asked him to help me be a better friend, boyfriend and partner. He is asking some things of me to help me learn. Tests are a necessary thing in life. God is the best study buddy you can have...

Hang in there my friends. I remain upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment