Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fruity goodness...

Our Daily Bread
Today's devotional is about the scripture where Jesus talks about each believer being a branch on the vine of God. If the branch is severed from the vine, then the branch can't bear fruit. The branch is dependent on the vine for its sustenance and ability to produce fruit.

So my last sentence is how I prefer to look at the message of this passage: "The branch is dependent on the vine for its sustenance and ability to produce fruit." I have long been confused about the concept of relying on God for "every breath" as my favorite seminary professor once told his wife and me. This passage helps me understand it more. The power of the vine shoots out through every branch that is still attached. Jesus warns that a branch can become useless and pruned from the vine. Yikes!

We cannot go it alone. We are just branches, no matter how strong we are or how much fruit we have produced in the past!

Lord, I want to be a fruitful branch on your vine of eternal life.

iTunes Tuesday
I may have to rethink the iTunes Tuesday topic. I don't get into the iTunes store that much. I will do some research about other topics or if there are any other things I can talk about iTunes. I could make the topic "Talk about me" Tuesday, but I do that every day! hehehe

Here are the DVDs being released today:
Sex and the City 2:
If you liked Sex and the City, you should obviously see all the movies! hehehe I was not a huge fan of the show, but I enjoyed both movies. You can have your own copy of this one today!

There is a new Alien anthology on Blu-ray. Woohoooo! ;-)

There is also a 25th Anniversary Trilogy of Back to the Future on Blu-ray available today. Nice.

I hadn't heard of the others for today:
Paths of Glory (Blu-ray)
Santa Claus: The Movie (Blu-ray)
South of the Border
Dancing Across Borders
Wild Grass

Other Stuff
I had a nice evening last night. I met some friends at the Barnes and Noble at Easton. I got there early and had supper before we met. We talked about their adventure with their new vegan diet. We talked about the advantages and the challenges. I explained that I am hesitant to add any more complexity to my diet since I am diabetic. There are some parts of the vegan diet that would fit nicely with the diabetic diet. There are parts that would not (some things they recommend are high in carbs). I will figure out where things fit. I know I need to continue to refine my eating habits. I need to work on losing weight. I am down three pounds so far. I can do this...

A good friend is coming over tonight to cook dinner while I work on her net book (yes, I said her. I have female friends, too!). We always have a good time hanging out. She is the one that ran the half marathon last week. We are also going to talk about her adventure and the plan she used.

I also had a few phone conversations with friends and family. Very cool.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment