Thursday, October 28, 2010

Do you use Airborne?

Our Daily Bread
My best friend prefers to use Airborne before and during each one of our travel adventures. The purpose is to help build up your immune system to fight off the germs we encounter on planes and airports. Sounds great, right?

We can do something similar in our spiritual lives -- putting on the whole armor of God! The passage in Ephesians describes all the parts of the armor: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. Wow! Think of that the next time you are just trying to "make it through the day". We can overcome!

Lord, I realize now that I have your whole armor at my disposal. Please help me to use it!

Technology Thursday
The introduction of the Apple iPad spawned a new interest in tablet computers. There have only been a few tablet computers that experienced even mild success until the iPad came along. Other computer makers are introducing their own tablet computers with a myriad of sizes and features becoming available by the end of the year.

New iPad's are coming the first part of next year. If you like the iPad, you should consider waiting until the second generation comes out early next year. There are a lot of new features being introduced such as the Facetime feature and some other iPhone4-type features. Very cool!

RIM (Research in Motion) introduced the PlayBook, which will be available after the first of the year. It has some neat features, but they haven't announced the pricing yet. RIM bought a new operating system to use for this device. Here is the link to the web site.

Samsung is introducing new tablet devices based on the Android OS. There are a few options available with some cool features. The Galaxy tablet is the flagship device. It will be interesting to see how it is received. I will review the device when it is available. Here is the web site.

Every major computer maker is coming out with something in this market. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out!

There are also several new ereader devices coming out as well for your review. I will talk about those next week!

Other Stuff
I had a nice talk and walk with my new buddy last night before church. I think our friendship will continue to grow as we get to know each other. He will be a great friend. I hope I can be a great friend to him as well.

D2 class was cool. I sang a song for the devotional. It went well. We watched most of the remaining section of The Ten Commandments. We have a little more to watch next week, then discuss.

I am trying to decide if I want to hand out candy tonight for Trick or Treat. I will figure that out this afternoon. I have some errands to run tonight to pick up some stuff before I visit my family on Saturday.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment