Monday, October 18, 2010

What is your "thing"?

Our Daily Bread
Don't let you mind wander here. The question is about the devotional! The scripture passage from Ephesians 4:7-13 talks about some of the "things" that God gives us with which to serve him -- being prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers. The goal is to build up the body of Christ. What is your "thing"?

I struggle with this sometimes because I try to do too much. I get sick and have to drop some things. It doesn't look good. God has blessed me with several abilities. I asked him to let me know where to focus. There are some things I do that others shy away from. I think he wants me to do those things, for example, care calls at church. I am still trying to figure out where to use my musical talents. I don't always feel welcome using them at church. I am sure that is my fault. I need to get over it.

What is your "thing"? Are you doing it for God?

Lord, I want to use my talents for you. I want to listen to your voice and follow your guidance.

Movie Monday
I saw two movies over the weekend -- Red and Secretariat. I liked both of them, but for different reasons.

RED: RED stands for "Retired - Extremely Dangerous". Bruce Willis stars in the flick. It also has Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirin and John Malkovich. It was sort of like an "Old School" movie for spies! There were some special effects that were very cool. Bruce Willis's character was almost "Die Hard" cool. I liked the story. I liked the characters. I give it three bear paws.

Secretariat: Who doesn't like a story like this? Diane Lane did a great job in the role of the owner of Secretariat. Please remember this was in the 70s when women were just breaking through glass ceilings. Diane's character broke the glass ceiling of the horse racing good ole' boys club all to pieces! The horse was amazing. He accomplished things over 30 years ago that some think will never be equaled. I give this movie three bear paws.

Other Stuff
I had a good Sunday. Church, church dinner group and hanging out at the marathon. My friends finished the half. My ex finished the full marathon. I am very proud of them all! I also realized that I need to get off of my fat behind and be more active. I walk several times a week, but it is not enough. It is not enough...

I am sorry for the shoddy posting yesterday. I wrote it on my iPhone where the font was MUCH smaller. That was the first time I tried that. I need to be more careful if I try that again.

I have a busy week planned. We will see what this week brings.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment