Saturday, October 30, 2010

Irreparable Damage...

Our Daily Bread
Irreparable damage is the topic of the devotional today. At least that is the way I read it. As humans with our frail relationships, we usually attitude: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" We remember things, especially things that hurt us done by other people. I thought the example of the nail hole in the devotion was great. I never thought of it that way. I usually think irreparable damage as "scars on the soul" similar to physical scars. With the advantages in plastic surgery nowadays, almost anything can be fixed, can't it? ;-)

I have several examples of "nail holes" in my life. I am not proud of them. I have one situation where folks think I am brilliant, but they can't look past the nail holes from my previous mistakes. I am praying for some divine spackle to help lessen the appearance of those nail holes. I know the showing my good deeds consistently over and over again will help smooth things over.

Lord, I want to understand the impact of every deed, both good or not so good. The repercussions of our actions ripple across the ponds of our lives...

Simply Saturday
I need to start my trip to visit my family, so I am not going to write much today. I want to write a little bit about "putting yourself out there" and what that means to me. It has evolved during my lifetime and especially the last three years. Here I go!

I used to think that putting yourself out there was for getting attention in the workplace or when looking for a mate. You put yourself in places where you get recognized or in places to meet the kind of people you want to spend time with. Makes sense. Notice that I didn't say anything about God in this section!

This thought evolved into some more as my self-confidence and my need for attention from men grew. I would walk up to any man I thought was handsome and start talking. I would chat with anyone on a chat site if I wanted to meet him. I would have a sense around me when going to Target and meet men there. My friends say it is sort of scary and a little annoying... hehehe I can't help it that I am popular! ha! My latest moment was when I sent flowers anonymously to a new guy that I had never met before so we could have a cool "how we met" story. I wrote a clever note. When I approached him about the flowers and asked for his phone number, he said "Thank you, but no.". That is the way it goes sometimes. Guys like me move on. Still no mention of God here....

I am still evolving, but here is where I am now. Putting myself out there now requires that I do it for God. "Use your powers for good" as a catchy ring tone warns me! hehehe! I am doing my best to listen to God to determine when to put myself out there for his purposes. I sang a song for the devotional in D2 class on Wednesday instead of a simple reading. I put myself out there in a potential relationship at God's leading. I initiated a new friendship with a guy that has a similar life story to mine knowing it would never be anything but a close friendship. God will lead us in this way if we let him. I have to admit that it is much easier for me to act on this type of activity than it is for others. God also instructed me to back off on my flirting. I can be cordial, but not flirtatious. "Use your powers for good" or should I say "use your powers for God"? Please think and pray about that for your life.

Other Stuff
I had a great time with my close buddy and his family last night as we celebrated his birthday. The highlight of the evening for me is when my buddy's grandfather came in the house and made a big deal about seeing me. He apparently recognized my red Escape and got excited about me being there. He is the closest thing I have to a grandfather now. He is a special man. My buddy liked is presents and the double entendre card I gave him. We cackled about that a lot!

Going to visit the family today. Looking forward to that. It will be a good day.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment