Saturday, October 9, 2010

Where is the target?

Our Daily Bread
I am a very goal-oriented person. I set goals for myself, though sometimes unreasonable, and then make plans to achieve those goals. Makes sense, right? Right??? hehehe The goals are my targets to hit in my life.

Today's devotionals talk about letting God's way for our lives to be our targets. Psalm 86:11 says: "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." I like the words "undivided heart". A divided heart is like shooting for multiple targets with one arrow! Focus on God. Everything else will fall into place.

Lord, I know the last sentence above sounds so simplistic. Please help us believe and trust and aim for godliness.

Simply Saturday
I had a pretty good day yesterday. Talked some things over with my family doctor and had some blood drawn for my regular tests like A1c, cholesterol levels, etc. Went to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast and to Giant Eagle to pick up a few things that I forgot on Thursday night. I only worked a half day since I had put in overtime the rest of the week. After work, I got ready for my dinner guests.

I enjoy entertaining, though I am not great at it. My ex was very good at it. I am just OK. This was very informal, so I had chips and salsa and Peanut Lover's Chex mix for appetizers. I had a nice salad of spring mix greens, bleu cheese, bacon, cranberries, and a light vinaigrette. That turned out very well. For dinner, I made a chicken and stuffing casserole, carrots l'orange, and asparagus roasted with olive oil and sea salt with some Parmesan and asiago cheeses grated on top. It was the first time I ever cooked asparagus, I think, so I was a little nervous about that. I roasted them according to the recipe and then added a few more minutes. The were a little more al dente than I usually prefer. I prefer asparagus to be tender and not fight my fork and knife when I cut into them. Everything tasted good. I was happy!

Even better than the meal was the conversation. It ended up that my buddy that joined us had tons in common with my walking buddy and her husband! What a small world! It was fascinating to hear them talk about people they know now and knew thirty years ago! I was glad I got these folks together. We all go to the same church, but they had never met.

The kitchen is clean now. The last load of dishes is in the dishwasher. I can relax today Today must be filled with fun and relaxation after a very trying week. I not only made it through the week, but kicked some butt along the way. Wooohooooo! I plan to go to the movies, watch the Buckeyes game, and attend a party tonight. The weather is supposed to be warn, which will be nice.

I hope you have a great day as well. Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment