Saturday, October 2, 2010

Finding the right "apps"...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional this morning was sort of hip! hehehe It talked about smart phones and the apps (or applications) that can do many, many things on a smart phone. The author then referred to the Bible as a source for "apps" or things that you should "apply" to your life. Sort of cute!

I agree with the author in one sense. The Bible is a source of apps for our lives. Finding and understanding the apps can be a challenge as there are so many translations of the Bible and so many different opinions about many topics. My advice? Stick with the main topics: love, compassion, repentance, humility, etc. that can't be argued by any scholar!

I disagree with the author in that Bible is not necessarily a one-stop shopping source for every issue in your life. It can be hard to figure out what applies if you read something from the Old Testament or something from the New Testament because they seem to disagree at times. In these cases, follow the advice from above and then PRAY. God will lead you if you are seeking him.

Lord, it is not always simple to follow you or to live our lives victoriously. Help us do the things we know we need to do and the rest will fall into place.

Simply Saturday
As you might have figured out, music speaks to me many times when the spoken word just doesn't get through to me. The lyrics to this song expresses what I am experiencing right now. I am not down. I am not struggling. I am feeling the wonderful pains of growth and change like the song says. "it feels like chaos but somehow there is peace". My goal is to be steadier through these periods and not have the wide swings of moods as I experienced recently. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am fortunate to be held to a different standard than most folks because I have been blessed (and I can handle it). Please keep working with me, God. You are doing a great job so far. Thank you!

Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
And all I can do is surrender

(Chorus)
Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something Heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything I surrender...
To...

(Chorus)

Time to face up
Clean this old house

Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to release all my held back tears

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something Heavenly

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This is something bigger than me
Larger than life something Heavenly
Something Heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out

Other Stuff
Off to work this morning, then watch the Buckeyes game at Score with some work friends. I usually prefer to work at home and watch the game on my big screen TV. I feel the need to socialize today. I thought about going to Gallery Hop tonight, but I may pass. I have stuff to do around the house.

I planted grass, my new annuals, and some mums around the house last night. It was a nice night for it. I am very slowly getting my landscaping more acceptable... Doing landscaping stuff is not fun or relaxing to me. I also have to be careful how much I lift due to my eyes. It is looking better this year. It will look even better next year!

Lastly, I got my flu shot at work yesterday morning. I appreciate getting little perks like this for free. Very cool.

Have a great day everyone! I know I will! That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment