Monday, February 21, 2011

And the winner is...

Our Daily Bread
Isn't that the way we usually judge disagreements?  And the winner is....  As humans, we usually contend that every argument has a winner and a loser.

The Biblical example is different.  Paul and Barnabas had a serious disagreement!  Even after discussing it, they could not work out a resolution except to part ways.  That solution is necessary sometimes.  They didn't part ways forever.  They reconciled and worked together later in their ministries.  Paul even worked with Mark again later in his ministry.

God has a way of healing disagreements if we pray about them and are open to his healing spirit.  Do you have an open wound, a disagreement that you are having difficulty getting past?  Ask God to help you work it out.

Lord, please make each of us to be an instrument of your peace, not strife.

Movie Monday
I watched a few movies on DVD last week while I was off work.  One was a old movie that I hadn't seen in a while called Stigmata.  It was cool.  The one I will write about today is a movie based on a character in the Bible and historical references called Lydia.  The movie is called Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
Lydia was a hostage to the Roman empire that was also a Christian, a follower of the Christ in early New Testament times.  Her adopted family were friends with Paul and Peter.  Christianity was a sect in Rome and met in hiding.  Nero was skeptical of Christians.  He had them persecuted to cover up his burning of Rome.  Most folks have heard of having Christians thrown to the lions or crucified because of Roman emperors.  It was this mistake that caused the downfall of Nero.

The acting was very good, especially Peter Ustinov as Nero.  Very cool.  Of course, there were lots of Roman soldiers in uniform.  What is there not to like about that?  ;-)  The elaborate scenery was incredible.  No CGI there!

I give the movie 2 bear paws.  It was very long.  I always think long movies could be shorter!

Other Stuff
My left eye is doing a little better today.  I noticed that I can see more white in my left eye now as the incision is healing.  I will be patient.

God is teaching me some things about patience now.  I have to be patient for the eye to heal.  I need to be patient with some other important things in my life.  I learned last night that part of my problem with patience is not trusting God enough to work in his time.  I also let my insecurities affect my ability to be patient.  I will pray about that more.  I will do better.

Back to work this morning.  It will be nice to get back into a routine.  I miss my friends at Starbucks and at work!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment