Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What great love...

Our Daily Bread
I love the use of vivid imagery in the Bible.  The imagery of a loving mother towards her child is very vivid.  The passage in Isaiah says that even though a mother might possibly  forget the son she bore, God will never forget or forsake us!  Wow!

I appreciated this passage this morning.  Very timely as usual.  I forget at times how much God loves me and how much he wants me to have an abundant life.  I let my insecurities guide my attitudes and actions instead of letting God meet the desires of my heart.  I have been thinking and praying about this a lot the past few days.  I "acted out" over the weekend due to my insecurities.  I am fortunate the friend understood what I was going through and forgave me.

What did I learn?  I need to be patient.  God IS working amazing things in my life.  He is meeting the desires of my heart.  I just need to step out of the way!  hehehe  Seriously, I could not ask for more.  I am so blessed and so fortunate.

Thank you, Lord, for knowing the desires of my heart and for working towards fulfilling them in your time.  Help me trust and be patient.

Disciple Two-sday
We have been studying the mission trips of Paul, Luke's account of Paul's travels and some of Paul's writings to the churches he visited.  Our study manual brought out how the different books show how Paul grew as a minister and a teacher.  The book of Ephesians is a perfect example.  Compare that book to the writings to the Corinthians.  Very different approach!

March 2 (next week!) is our last week of class.  Wow!  I plan to start two different small groups over the course of the next two months.  That should be fun.

Other stuff
My eye is making a little progress today.  I started walking again yesterday, but took it easy.  I am supposed to meet my walking buddy today.  I miss our walks and talks!  I will take it easy on the walking.  I plan to start riding the recumbent bike again after my doctor appointment on March 2.

I need to run some errands and visit a sick friend tonight.  I might get some reading in as well.  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment