Wednesday, February 23, 2011

God only knows...

Our Daily Bread
Russ Taff, former lead singer for The Imperials, recorded a solo Contemporary Christian album many years ago.  A cool song on it was called "God only knows".  I relied on the words to that song many times when I didn't understand what was going on and why.

One of the verses in the scripture passage spoke to me today:
Job 12:13 “To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his."

There are many times in my life, like today, that I don't understand some things that are going on in my life.  This passage and the devotional reinforced that God is in control.  God only knows.  Understand is his.  Amen!

During times when it seems few things make sense, we need to continue to rely on his presence in our lives.  Rely on his assurance that he knows our needs.  Like I wrote in my D2 devotional last week and posted on this site, God has our backs.  He gives a quiet, confident joy that transcends all circumstances.  Praise God!

Lord, thank you for the animals you created.  They remind us that you only know.  Please help my trust you!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I have been watching my food intake.  I also started walking again this week.  I am keeping my weight steady at about 6.5 pounds lost.  I also noticed that my pants fit better.  Very cool.  I will ramp up my exercise a little more after my eye doctor appointment on March 2.

Other Stuff
My eye is doing a little better each day.  I continue to take it easy and try not to strain!  I am to butch to be this delicate!  hehehe

There are some things going on with me that are testing my joy and testing my faith.  Please say a little prayer for me.  This is new territory for me.  I am praying that I handle things the way God wants me to.

Work is busy.  Whew...  I guess they really missed me when I was out.  hehehe

I received my annual Costco check yesterday.  Woohoooo!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment