Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bearing each others burdens...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional for today reminded me of two of my closest friendships.  Each one has an example of sharing each others burdens.

I remember one time when friend number one invited me to dinner.  Something came up with his family, so we spent the afternoon with some of his family members so they wouldn't be alone with their burdens.  He was so sweet and considerate.  I learned a lot that day.  Yes, we didn't get to eat lunch until about 4:00 pm, but it was worth it!  That friend has helped bear some of my burdens the past few years as well!

Friend number 2 is bearing a heavy load right now.  I am honored to "be there" for him right now.  God has used us both to bear each others burdens the past few months.  It helped us grow closer as friends.  We also understand each other more than ever.

Please understand that we can't just throw our burdens over the fence for others to bear and then be content.  We must also share the burdens of others as we grow closer them and to God.

Lord, thank you for the sharing of burdens and the sharing of joys.  I praise you for friends!

Simply Saturday
I am going to visit my family today.  I need to return a repaired computer to my aunt.  I need to drop off some stuff to my mother.  I am not sure what my plans are for this evening.  I want to return home as soon as I can so I can be ready for this evening however I decide to spend it.

My left eye is doing OK.  I am doing my best to take it easy.  A friend lifted the repaired computer into my car for me yesterday.  I am careful as I do laundry and a few little things around the house.  The vision will continue to clear up as the eye continues to heal.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment