Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Space cadet...

Our Daily Bread
I didn't get much out of today's devotional at first.  It was about parenting.  Then I thought about the book "It takes a village to raise a child" by Hillary Clinton.  I am a member of several "villages".  Am I being the best example for little eyes and little ears?  Probably not all of the time!

I was at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last week.  There were LOTS of kids!  Was I the Christian example for those children or did my impatience leave them with a question mark about guys like me?  Hmmm.  Food for thought.

How about you?  What are you like when you around little kids.  How about big kids?  Are you the example that you need to be?

Lord, help me remember the little eyes and little ears are around a lot!

Surgery Update
I headed to surgery this morning about 7:00 am.  I had to be at the hospital two hours before the outpatient surgery at 9:30.  I am thankful for the good friend who took me this morning!  I have another friend taking me to the follow up visit on Wednesday to get the patch off my left eye.  I am sure things will be fine.  I am thankful to have another chance to keep my eye sight.  Very thankful indeed.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment