Sunday, February 13, 2011

He is exalted!

Our Daily Bread
God asked me to incorporate more worship and praise in my prayer and devotional life.  The devotional today talks about that!  Wow!

We can use several approaches to accomplish this desire.  I am copying a lot of the devotional into this posting because I liked it so much.  You can click on the Our Daily Bread link above to see the original devotional.


"One way to do that is to meditate on His many attributes. Exalt God, for He is faithful, eternal, all-knowing, just, unchangeable, gracious, holy, merciful, longsuffering, impartial, and infinite. Our God is perfect.


Exalt God also by realizing that He is all-powerful, almighty, personal, righteous, unsearchable, wise, triune, accessible, self-existent, glorious, and compassionate.

Another way to worship God is to contemplate His names. Exalt God, for He is Creator. He is Love. He is Redeemer. He is Shepherd. He is Savior, Lord, and Father. He is Judge. He is Comforter. He is Teacher. He is I AM. Our God is the Mighty One.

Dwell on His identity. God is our shield. Our stronghold. Our light. Our strength. Our sustainer. Our rescuer. Our fortress.

Meditate on God’s attributes. Contemplate His names. Dwell on His identity. Adore Him. Respect Him. Honor Him. Love Him. Exalt Him. Use the rest of your life getting ready to worship our awesome God forever."


I thought this devotional was extraordinary and, of course, just what I needed!  

Lord, I want to worship you in word and deed.  Thank you for your leadership.

Psalm Sunday

No, this is not Palm Sunday, it is now Psalm Sunday.  I decided to change the topic for the Sunday entry to post and talk a little bit about each psalm.  I have been toying with this idea for a few weeks.  Let's see how it works for a few weeks.  Here is Psalm 1:

 1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
      follow the advice of the wicked,
      or stand around with sinners,
      or join in with mockers.
 2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
      meditating on it day and night.
 3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
      bearing fruit each season.
   Their leaves never wither,
      and they prosper in all they do.
 4 But not the wicked!
      They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
 5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
      Sinners will have no place among the godly.
 6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
      but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.


This psalm obviously talks about the joy of following God.  It is not good to be wicked!  No one mourns the wicket!  hehehe  God watches over the paths of the those that follow and obey him.

I doubted my own motivation about following God for a while.  I finally got it through my thick skull that it is not my DUTY to follow God and obey him.  It is my HONOR!  What a difference in my frame of mind!

I hope this new topic blesses you as much as it has already blessed me.

Other Stuff
My eye is healing slowly but surely (yes it is and please don't call me Shirley!).  Sorry, that was an old Airplane movie joke!  hehehe  I can see a little better each day.  The pain is gone.  I am doing well taking it easy.  I will continue to do so.

God helped me work through some relationship stuff this weekend.  Praise God!  It is his will (and one of my deepest desires) that I truly learn how to love and to be loved.  I want to put aside insecurity and doubt.  Praise God for his loving kindness.

I am a little bummed out that the Buckeyes lost their first basketball game yesterday, especially after being ahead by 15 points!  Yikes!  This loss is fine as long as it motivates them to win it all!  ;-)

Hang in there my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment