Thursday, February 10, 2011

Odd question....

Our Daily Bread
The sentence at the end of the devotional today is this:
"If you meet opposition, maybe it shows that you are doing something that counts."

My question is: if you are meeting opposition, does it mean that you aren't doing something that counts?  Wow!  I will have to think about that one!  I remember being taught as a teenager that your life will be very smooth and easy, like the wide road that leads to Hell, when you aren't doing God's will.  I always thought that was odd.  It made the ways of God seem painful and unattractive.  I finally learned that God cleanses and purifies his children so we can commune better together.  We can understand his ways a little better.  We can rest in the knowledge that his path for us, the narrow and winding road, is our best option is life.  Our lives might not always be easy, but we have the strength and guidance of the Almighty God on our side!

Lord, help me to speak your words and do something that counts!

Technology Thursday
Just a few random technology notes for this week.

Verizon started selling the iPhone 4 this week.  It is also available at Best Buy on the Verizon network.  It will be interesting to hear how the performance of their 3G network will hold up with the new traffic from the iPhones!

I am seeing more "leaks" about the Motorola Xoom tablet computer.  It is supposed to be the iPad killer.  The rumors have it the iPad 2 will be at least as good as the Xoom and much cheaper!  There will be some functionality differences between the iOS and Android Mobile (Zoom uses this).  There will always be some Apple-centric things that will bug some folks.  Some people will use the Samsung tablet or the Motorola tablet so they won't be buying an Apple product!    Here is a link to the Xoom web page.

I saw some interesting technologies at the conference last week.  Unified telephony was the big one that is getting better and better each year.  You will be hearing more about that in the personal devices market in the next year or two.  There are a few devices out there now.

Other Stuff
My left eye is doing OK.  My vision is clearing up a little, but not as fast as I thought it would.  I will rest and be patient.  I need to call my best friend.  I don't think there is any way I can drive to St Louis this weekend for his father's funeral.  I will stay home and rest instead.  I can read OK, but watching movies is not as fun since I can only focus with one eye.  ;-(  It will get better.  Just need some time.

Only three more weeks left for our D2 class!  I will miss this group of people.  We have enjoyed my great talks and insights.  I am so thankful to have been a part of it.  I am giving the devotional next week.  The neat part is that God lead me to write something about myself.  I looked ahead last night to discover that the topic fits perfectly with one of the lessons for net week!  Cool!  Isn't God amazing!

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment