Thursday, February 24, 2011

Believe...

Our Daily Bread
"What one believes is more important that what one achieves".  Wow!  For an overachiever like me, that is a mouthful!

I am a very goal oriented person.  I set goals almost daily, well, usually daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and lifetime.  hehehe  It is good to have a vision of where you want to go and a plan to achieve those goals!  The problem with this approach is that it doesn't always take into consideration God's leadership.  You may have noticed my many references to the "road" analogy the past several months.  If we have things all planned out, then that makes it harder to trust God for the next step on the road he sets before us!  I find I need to balance the two.  There are things that I know God wants me to accomplish, so I plan for those.

An example of something I have not planned this year is vacation time.  I usually have my vacations planned by the end of February so I can get all the flights and hotel deals I want.  The only vacation I had planned, to Ft Lauderdale in early January, was canceled due to my health.  I planned that trip in February 2009!

Work with God.  Pray.  Do what he leads to plan and to trust each day.

Lord, you know how I am.  Help me to trust you and not plan EVERY thing!  ;-)

Technology Thursday
Here are a few things I read about recently.

New Intel computer processors
Intel recently came out with the second generation i-series processors.  Their approach the past few years has been a struggle for them (and for AMD) as they have hit the ceiling on the technologies they currently use to make these chips.  We will see how much faster they can go.  I believe there will be a breakthrough in the next year or two.

iPad2
There are many rumors swirling aboutthe second generation iPad.  It is probably due out in April or May. Most rumors talk about it being like a large iPhone4 without the phone!  Thinner. Faster. Front and rear facing cameras.  More features than the previous release.  We will see!

Motorola Atrix phone at ATT
I read about this phone a few months ago.  I dropped by the ATT store at Polaris on Tuesday to check on my wireless discount.  I noticed this phone arrived that day and was on display.  It was VERY cool.  A fast, refined version of an Android phone.  I am eligible for an upgrade in June or so.  Not sure if I will get another Phone or this phone.  I will see what is available then.

Battery charging
There have been some new battery charging technologies become commercially viable in the past year.  Over the air charging is one.  I talked to a company about their product at a conference last year.  It was supposed to be available this year.  There is also some viable options for using solar power to charge devices.  Very cool as well.


Other Stuff
My eye seems to be in a holding pattern.  I will continue to take it easy.  I go back tot he doctor on March 2.

Meeting a friend for dinner tonight.  The conversation should be interesting.

I thought I had a boring weekend in front of me, but noooooo!  I have to work Friday night.  I have church and church dinner on Sunday.  I have my church dinner group Sunday night.  Next week is busy too.  I finish one class on Wednesday and start a new class on Monday.  The Monday class is only for six weeks.

God taught me some things about relationships this week.  I still have so much to learn to have the kind of relationship he wants me to have.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment