Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Efficiency...

Our Daily Bread
I love efficiency.  I try to be as efficient as possible in most things I do.  As I joked with a friend the other day while cleaning, "there are some things I like slow, but cleaning is not one of them!"  hehehe  You can let your imagination run wild there...

The devotional today talks about a section of scripture that is very efficient in giving us direction on several topics.  Very cool!  The passage is Leviticus 19.  Read that when you get a chance.  I read it last Fall for my D2 class.  I like the way God directs us to be fair in all of our dealings.  ALL of our dealings!

Lord, thank you for your direction on how to live!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I weighed in this morning.  I have lost 7.4 pounds so far.  For my changes this week, I have been more conscious of the calories that I eat without listing out each item in a journal.  I have not been able to exercise due to my eye surgery so I had to watch my calorie intake so I wouldn't gain weight.  I can do this going forward as well so I can continue my weight loss and lifestyle change.  Woohooo!

If you are trying to change your lifestyle, I encourage you to hang in there.  If I can do it, anyone can!

Other Stuff
I had a great checkup at the eye doctor this morning.  There is minimal swelling and blood in my left eye.  The eye pressure is back down to normal.  I asked him about my eye sight, which hasn't gotten much better since the end of last week.  He said to keep doing the things I am doing and let it heal.  It will clear up and my eye sight will improve as it continues to heal.  The eye is not used to this kind of trauma.  It takes a while for it to get back to normal.  I forgot how long it took when I had this surgery on my right eye in 2009.  I will be patient and continue to take it easy.  I plan to go back to work on Monday, 2/21 as planned.

I finished a book last night.  A friend enjoyed it and had me read it so we could talk about it.  It is The Silmarillion by Tolkien.  It is a precursor to The Lord of the Rings books.  It was very cool.  He gave me another book to start on when I finished the first one.  I will start on that one this afternoon.

I am giving my very personal devotion tonight about 7:00.  I am a little nervous about it because it is so personal.  Please say a little prayer for me about that time if you think about it.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment