Monday, February 14, 2011

A friend in need and a friend in deed

Happy Valentines Day!!!


Our Daily Bread
Boy, I can't get away from Facebook even in the daily devotionals!  Many of you know that I deleted all my online accounts except for my email accounts and this blog about 18 months ago.  I didn't feel like I was meeting the right kind of people or having the kind of "friendships" I wanted to have online.  Do you ever feel that way?

The devotional talks about friendships - real and virtual.  Christ left this earth calling us "friends" instead of us being his servants.  A friend knows all that he knows.  He told us all that the Father had for us to know.  It is our job to spread the good news and to be a friend to others.  How cool is that?  ;-)

I am stretching this topic a little bit to include Valentines Day.  We should be all be grateful for whatever state we are in - single, married, partnered, etc.  We all have special friends that help us through the bad times and share our good times.  Praise God!

Lord, thank you so much for friends! 

Movie Monday
Since today is Valentines Day, I thought I would talk about two of my favorite romantic movies: Ever After and Date Night.

Ever After stars Drew Barrymore and Angelica Huston in a retelling of the Cinderella story.  It is so cool!  There are some great lines.  Even if you have a heart of stone, the movie will touch you and make you want to hug a stranger.  hehehe

Date Night came out last year.  It starts Tina Fey and Steve Carell.  They are an middle aged married couple that seemingly lost the fire in their relationship (or are at least afraid they have after some of their friends break up).  They get involved in some mayhem after they stole someone's restaurant reservation.  Lots of hi jinx ensue with, of course, a corny, happy ending.  It is very cool.

Other Stuff
I can't really tell how my eye is doing since I just took all of my morning eye drops.  My vision has been clearing up slowly but surely.  I am not sure how much progress it has made in the past 48 hours.  I will keep resting and relaxing the best I can.

I get to spend some time with Flybear this afternoon after the Atlas Butler folks do a safety inspection on my furnace and air conditioner.

I will spend the evening reading.  Not much exciting for Valentines Day.  Did I mention being content in whatever state we are in?  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment