Friday, February 11, 2011

Do I really love to tell the story?

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today refers to the hymn "I love to tell the story".  After thinking about the devotional, I am not sure I can honestly sing that hymn!  I am not the kind of person to just go through the motions, especially at church.  I want to be honest when I sing a hymn or say a prayer.

God is working in me to use my outgoing personality to share my faith more and more.  I started with the care call team at church.  I make phone calls and/or send emails as needed to folks who haven't been at church in a while.  I can do that.  I teased one friend that I need to channel the energy I use for flirting into spreading the Gospel!  Yikes!

How about you?  When was the last time you told the story?  Do you love to tell it?

Lord, help me honestly say "I love to tell the story".  Your story.  

Foodie Friday
The recipe for this week is for Easy Chicken Bake.  It is from the back of a box of Stovetop Stuffing mix.  I don't usually put the veggies in the mix.  I prefer to use more chicken.  Try it both ways and see how you like it.  You can also make it healthier by using whole wheat stuffing mix, low fat soup and low fat sour cream.  It still tastes pretty good!  I also sautee the chicken before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.

Easy Chicken Bake
1 pkg Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained.

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare stuffing mix per package directions.  Set aside.
2. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13X9 inch baking dish, top with stuffing
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Makes six servings.

Enjoy!

Other Stuff
My left eye is doing a little better today.  I forgot that it takes a few days before I can see very well out of it after this surgery.  I can see large shapes and some smaller shapes.  Nothing is clear at this time.  I will continue to rest and take it easy.

I decided to cancel my trip to St Louis this weekend.  I do not feel comfortable driving by myself.  I could have flown, but I don't think lugging a suitcase around would be a good thing either.  My best friend completely understood.  He agreed that he would be more worried about me instead of focusing on his family and other friends for the funeral.  He will call me as he needs to talk and vent.

I watched a movie yesterday and started on my D2 readings after a couple of naps.  I have also been writing the devotional that God told me to write for the Feb 16 D2 class.  I didn't understand how it would be relevant until I started reading the chapters this week.  Our God is an awesome God.  I hope it is as meaningful to the other disciples as it has been for me to write it.  I will post it here next Thursday after I read it in class on Wed night.

Monday will be my annual "give my love life over to God" day.  I choose not to be depressed about not having someone special for Valentines Day.  God has given me so much in my life.  He has someone special for me.  I will discover who that is when the time is right.  Our God is an awesome God.  He knows what is best for us and at the specific time.  I get frustrated that His time is not always my time.  What is up with that?  hehehe

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment