Monday, February 28, 2011

None righteous, no not one...

Our Daily Bread
Folks who attend church, do stuff for others, and give unselfishly can fall into a dangerous trap -- self-righteousness.  We feel our good works make us deserving of attention from God and that our sins don't really count.  Sound familiar?  I know I think that way sometimes!  DOH  hehehe

The devotional today reminds us of a humbling thought.  None of us is righteous, not one.  Our righteousness exists only in the power of Christ's sacrifice to wash away our sins.  In response to the greatest gift ever given to this earth, we are to honor God with all of our heart, love others as ourselves and walk humbly with our God.  It is our honor to do so.

Lord, thank you for the greatest gift of all -- you Son.

Movie Monday
I went to the movie theater this weekend!  Woohoooo!  I hadn't been in several weeks for one reason or another.  I went to see I am number four and Drive Angry.

I am number four
This is a sci-fi film about a group of special aliens that were brought to earth to protect it from the evil aliens that destroyed their planet.  The evil aliens were out to kill the nine good aliens and had succeeded in killing the first three.  The main character is number four.  I thought the story and action were good.  The special effects were pretty cool.  The acting was so so.  It was a great no-brainer movie for a Saturday afternoon.  I give it 2 bear paws.

Drive Angry
Don't we all drive this way too much?  hehehe  Nicholas Cage plays a man who escaped Hell to save his granddaughter from an evil cult leader.  There was a lot of shoot-em-up action.  One weird scene had Cage's character killing 10 men while having sex with a waitress.  Very interesting scene.  The Accountant character was interesting as well.  I give this 2 bear paws as well.  There were some very cool classic muscle cars in the movie as well.  You gotta like that.

Other Stuff
 My eye is improving each day now.  I will continue to take it easy as best as I can.

I had an incredible experience last night.  While I was praying about a situation in my life, I begged God for a sign or for the faith to trust him more.  About 20 minutes later I received a sign.  Wow!  Thank you, Lord!  I have some follow up work to do tonight regarding the situation.  God does work.  Have faith. 

I have a busy week.  Starting a new small group class tonight at church.  Need to do laundry and cleaning on ?Tuesday.  I have my last D2 class on Wednesday.  I have dinner plans with my hero on Thursday.  Not sure what will happen this weekend.  Don't have anything planned so far.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment