Friday, February 25, 2011

Not just peace, but perfect peace...

Our Daily Bread
I never thought about there being different kinds of peace.  God's love will bring us "perfect peace".  I hate the imperfect kind!  hehehe  That is sooooo lame!  ;-)

All joking aside, the devotional struck home again today.  I knew that writing and posting the devotional last week about 'a quiet, confident joy" meant that Satan would test me on it.  Satan had been testing me on it more than usual during the few weeks I was writing the testimony.  Yikes!

Another test came last night.  A relationship discussion didn't go the way I wanted.  I have to admit that I was pretty numb last night.  It didn't really hit me until this morning.  Not being in a relationship with this person wasn't the part that really bothered me -- he had been lying to me and was going to have his own way despite the fact he knew he was hurting me with his actions.  Who would want to be with someone like that?

The part that hurt the most is that I thought I was following God's direction in this relationship.  WTF?  I had something like this happen last September and I didn't react well at all.  I am blessed to report that I am not having the wrestling matches with God now that I had in September.  The quiet, confident joy is sustaining me, assuring me that God will work in all circumstances.  So what do I do next?  Take time for the healing of my eye.  Continue my lifestyle changes to lose weight.  Most importantly, don't be afraid to seek God's will and do the best I can to follow it.  The road before me is unsure and I don't know where it is going.  What does it matter as long as God is leading?

Thank you, Lord, for your quiet, confident joy and your silent love that sustains me in good times and not so good times

Foodie Friday
We are having an early St Patrick's day theme for our dinner group on Sunday night.  Here is the salad recipe I found to contribute to the meal.  I need to find watercress.  I need to figure out what kind of lettuce to use!


TRADITIONAL IRISH SALAD
Printed from COOKS.COM
Lettuce
Hard boiled eggs, quartered
Tomatoes, quartered
16 oz. can sliced beets
Watercress
Slices of cucumber
LYDIA'S DRESSING:
2 hard boiled eggs
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 level tsp. salt
1 tbsp. soft brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. cider vinegar
4 tbsp. cream
Arrange lettuce leaves like a rose in deep bowl, biggest leaves on the outside, small leaves in the center. Scatter all or some of the listed ingredients between the leaves.
Sieve egg yolks and add sugar, salt and mustard. Blend in vinegar and cream. Chop egg whites and add some to sauce. Scatter the rest over the salad. Do not dress salad beforehand. Serve dressing separately. Serves 8-10.


Other Stuff
As you can tell from the devotional, some things didn't go the way I wanted last night.  I will be fine.  God has promised me many things.  I am doing my best to keep my promises to him.  I will love.  I will trust.  I will have faith.  That is what I do...

The left eye is about the same today.  I will see how things go at the doctor on Wednesday.  I am sure it will be fine.

I may have to work tonight.  Not sure of what will unfold this weekend.  I am looking forward to my dinner group.  I will probably spend some time with flybear if he isn't busy.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment