Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let me see others...

Our Daily Bread
Lord, let me see others for who they really are and not for who I think they are!  One of the most important things I have learned at my church is to accept everyone for who they are.  We have folks from all walks of life, many races and creeds, many economic levels and many different backgrounds.  It is very cool to see all these folks sitting and worshipping God together!

I grew up in a very prejudiced environment.  I realized at an early age that these attitudes weren't right.  I tried very hard to learn more about other people and to share my experiences with my family.  I STILL find that I have prejudices at 51 years of age!  Darn it!  I am working on them.  I try not to let them affect my interactions with church folks or coworkers.  It is difficult at times.  Also, being a part of a minority that is prejudiced againts regularly, I should be even more accepting if I want others to accept me!  A a child of God, all of his children are equal in his sight.  They should be equal in mine as well.

Lord, I want to see others through your eyes!

Orlando Update
Time to go home!  I miss my house, my church and my friends.  I do not miss the cold weather!  I want that on the record!  hehehe  The airport shuttle is picking me up in a few minutes.

I am not sure what was going on with me yesterday.  I didn't feel like doing much.  I even watched TV!  What was up with that?  hehehe  I planned to pray and read a lot.  I didn't do much of either. It was just one of those days I guess.  Going to be busy today and tomorrow, then I can rest after my surgery on Tuesday. 

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment