Saturday, February 5, 2011

My hope is built on nothing less...

Our Daily Bread

One of my favorite hymns is On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand.  We should all have Christ as the foundation of our no ordinary lives!  I know I do!  ;-)  Praise God!

I also know that I try to do things on my own waaaaayyyy too many times!  I try to make things happen instead of letting God work in my life and in the lives of others.  How amazing to have a God that wants to be in my daily life!  I am so blessed!

My prayer for each of us is that God will be the foundation of our lives.  He will lead us to things that we never imagined possible. 

Lord, I thank you for my life.  I thank you for the honor of serving you!

Simply Saturday

Yes, the picture below is the view from my room this weekend.  Please don't hate.  I laid out by the pool and used the hot tubs a few times already.  I am not looking forward to going back to the cold weather tomorrow! 





I enjoyed the conference a lot.  I got to see some old friends.  I got to meet some new friends.  I also started tweeting, so you can follow me on Twitter @duanebear  ;-) 

I had a great day at the Universal parks yesterday.  Universal Studios had some older, but cool stuff.  Islands of Adventure had some cool stuff including the new Harry Potter section.  It was soooooo cool!  I got to see it twice this week and enjoyed it both times.  The first time was more fun because butterbeer and pumpkin juice were free!  Woohoooo!

I fly home Sunday morning.  I have a little time to get laundry done and get my house in order before having my eye surgery Tuesday morning.  I will be off for two weeks. 

I had some bad news  yesterday -- my best friend lost his father.  He lived a very full life, however, he went sort of quickly.  We are all saddened by Sal's death.  I hope to attend the funeral next Saturday if my eye is doing OK.

Hang in there my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment