Saturday, February 12, 2011

I just don't believe it...

Our Daily Bread
I was praying about a relationship situation this morning.  I asked God to help me not be disappointed if a special person didn't ask me out for Valentines Day.  It is highly unlikely he will.  Going out on VD could be inappropriate for our relationship.  I realize I am being selfish, but I care about this man very much.

That leads to the devotional.  How should I react to this person the next time I see him?  What if he asks someone else out after we have been spending a lot of time together?  Why do I create these little scenarios over and over again that increase my anxiety and frustration!?!  DOH!  God is teaching me so much these days.  He is teaching me that no circumstance or no person can steal the joy of my salvation.  He is teaching me that I need to love my friends and family regardless if they do what I think they should do.  He is teaching me that I need to rely on him and trust him for all my needs.  He knows them all.  He knows the desires of my heart.  The only way the desires of my heart will be fulfilled is if I trust God.  No more insecurity.  No more selfishness.  No more pride.  No more arrogance.  Yes, I am being a little hard on myself.  As I wrote here before, God has given me so much.  He expects much from me.  I can only achieve this through his loving kindness and mercy.

What are the desires of your heart?  What is God asking you to do?

Lord, thank you for reinforcing how I should act with everyone.  Help me be what I say at the end of each day's entry "upbeat and steady" according to your will.

Simply Saturday
I have been resting and sleeping.  Yes, I have.  hehehe  Those of you that know me realize how difficult it is for me to slow down.  I have been reading a lot.  Watched a few movies.  Slept a LOT.  So how are things going?

My left eye is clearing up slowly but surely.  I can see some things today that I couldn't see yesterday.  I am putting in my eye drops per the schedule the doctor gave me.  The eye is a little gross in the morning from all the drops and stuff.  I have to rinse it out the best I can.  I will continue to rest and take it easy.  I can do this. ;-)  I plan to go to church tomorrow.

I had a nice evening with my bubby last night.  Bubby is a relatively new friend that is like a Christian little brother to me.  We met a few months ago and got close pretty fast ( some of you know how I am with people).  We had a nice supper.  A nice talk  Watched a few movies.  Relaxed.  It was a good thing.   I find it cool that we call each other Bub or Bubby.  That is what my little brother and I used to call each other when we were young.  ;-)

I also finished up my D2 reading for next week.  I am on the third revision of my devotion for the evening.  I hope to finish a book that a friend lent me either today or tomorrow.  It is sort of a slow read.  I have to turn off my "remember a lot of this stuff" reading mode when I read this book.  I like it though.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment