Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I got the joy, joy, joy, joy

Our Daily Bread
...down in my heart.  Down in my heart!  Yes!  I like the points of today's devotional.  We cannot truly experience joy if we have not experienced some sorrow.  If we have experienced joy and sorry, the next logical thing to do is empathize with those around us during their joy and sorrow!  I like the idea of "being there" for my friends and sometimes for folks that I don't even know.

I have a tendency to be a giver instead of receiving this kind of attention.  I was deeply touched by a close friend who took me to my eye surgery yesterday.  It meant even more to me when he told me some comforting words that I told him recently.  He said those meant a lot to him at the time and still today.  He wanted me to know that and to experience the peace he felt when he thought of them.

Did I mention -- I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!  Where?  Down in my heart!  hehehe

Yes, I had my eye cut on yesterday.  Yes, it was scary.  And YES!, God provided his love and care in the form of friends and family who care for me.  Our God is an awesome God!

Lord, thank you for your peace, love and strength during all my joys and sorrows!  I praise you!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I have been trying to eat better and walk more.  I haven't ridden my new recumbent bike very much.  One of the reasons is that the basement was being worked on (it is pretty much done now).  I was also out of town for eight days.  During my trip to Orlando, I did a lot of walking.  I was also pretty successful in watching what I ate, except for a few days.

I got on the scale this morning and weighed in at 265.  That is a loss of seven pounds so far.  I will keep working at it.  I need to watch my eating the next two weeks when I can't be very active.  I need to rest as much as I can so my eye can start healing.  I may try to walk next week or do a light session on my bike.  The doctor says I can do stuff as long as it is not "straining" in any way.  Yikes!

Other Stuff
I go to the doctor in a few minutes to have the patch taken off my left eye.  The eye hurt more than what I anticipated yesterday afternoon, but it settled down last night.  I slept most of the afternoon, then did my reading for D2.  I will review the readings some more this afternoon.  I have to wear the metal patch over night for the next few weeks so I do't accidentally rub my eye.  That would be bad.  I will wear some protective glasses when I am out and about for the next few weeks as well so nothing accidentally hits my eye.  That would also be bad!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment