Monday, December 19, 2011

10:00 and all is well!

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever seen any of those old movies that has a night watchman who tolls on the hour each night "All is well, All is well"?  What would each of us "toll" if we told about our lives?

The devotion talks about how the children of God should feel that "all is well" regardless of our circumstances!  That is difficult to say that to a friend who has been out of work most of the year or a homeless person or someone who just lost a parent, child or loved one!  We each have to find that "all is well" inside ourselves when those times come.  We also have to find it when things are going well.  We sometimes think "OK, what can go wrong and when will it happen?".  We have trouble relaxing and enjoying every moment.

The writer of Psalm 46 knows exactly the source of shelter and strength at all times -- our God!

Lord, I want to rest in you at all times.  Thank you for being our strength and shelter!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies last week -- The Descendants and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

The Descendants
I can't say that I liked or disliked this movie.  I think it was well written.  I liked the scenery (Oahu and The Big Island of Hawaii).  The acting was OK.  The story line was a challenge for me.  Too much going on, though the character played by George Clooney did a great job of handling it all!

I give this movie two stars (for the writing and scenery).

Sherlock Holmes
If you liked the first Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, I am sure you like the second one.  It was more of the same, but different enough to add interest.  Throughout most of the movie, Holmes seems to be a step or two behind his enemy.  The ending is engaging and will surprise you!  I liked the movie a lot, though it could have been a little shorter.

I give this movie two stars (for enjoyment and special effects).  See this one at the theater.

Other Stuff
I rested last night.  Whew...

Going to finish some Christmas shopping, wrap presents and do some stuff around the house tonight.  This week will be slooooowwweeerrrrrr....  Woohooo!  I also need to stop by Microcenter.  You know how dangerous that can be for me!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment