Saturday, December 10, 2011

Un-Father of the year

Our Daily Bread
I never really thought that much about Joseph's role in the Christmas story until I read the devotional this morning.  I remember some other Biblical stories about how God told men to name their sons very specific names because of His purpose.  Never had any man been told that his wife was impregnated by God!  Joseph fulfilled his marital obligation even though it meant going against the traditions of that time and his religious norms!

Are there times today that God asks us to do things that may be outside our current time or our religious norms?  I have had several cases of this in my life.  It is not always comfortable.  At one religious retreat, God told me to speak to a new friend about his rocky marriage.  Yikes!  I gently encouraged him and reminded all weekend about it.  I also followed that up with lots of prayer!

My point is that we should never shy away from doing the things that God asks us to do, regardless of how odd they may seem!

Lord, help us always to listen and obey, even when it is not comfortable!

Simply Saturday
It has been a very busy week!  Getting ready for and singing a lot of holiday concerts can be tiring!  I sang three concerts so far.  I have two today.  One tomorrow.  Two more during the week and one more next Sunday.  That is what I get for jumping back into singing with both feet!  I obviously enjoy it or I wouldn't do it.

My friend and I have been talking each day.  He is such a sweet man.  I am so thankful I met him!  I am not sure where things will end up.  We will take things slow and find out.

My mother and oldest sister are visiting today.  They will attend my 8:00 concert tonight.  It will be nice to see them again.

A close friend had a birthday yesterday.  It was fun sending him a naughty card.  It was blank on the inside, so I wrote a nice birthday message.  I joked that he could keep the card for those cold, lonely nights in Columbus, Ohio!  hehehe

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment