Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Put me in my place...

Our Daily Bread
How many times can I say it?  Today's devotional really spoke to me in a very timely manner!  What is up with that?  ha!  See the "Witness Wednesday" section below for more details.

Are there people in your life that you constantly have to forgive?  I call them "energy vampires".  ha!  My ex partner knew several folks like that and gave them that nickname.  I finally learned that we need to forgive as best we can (as God has forgiven us) while still protecting ourselves from being abused by folks that don't share our same philosophy of life.

Lord, help us love like you love.  Let us shine your light in dark places!

Witness Wednesday

I have a close friend that has blown me off the last few months.  He has time to spend with other people and do whatever he wants, but never has time to spend time with me or even call me.  While wishing him a happy birthday last week, I also mentioned that our friendship was at a point where we don't need to exchange Christmas or birthday presents.  We both have everything we need.  We can just exchange cards or do lunch.  He took offense and still wanted to exchange Christmas presents.  My first thought was "WTF?"  I admit that I struggled with what to do next.  Should I just blow him off like he did to me or be a true friend and still exchange gifts?  To build my case, please understand that I don't do a lot of Christmas shopping.  I only get gifts for folks that mean a great deal to me.  This friend doesn't fall into this category any longer because of the way he has acted.

So the key to this decision is the form of the question I asked above: "be a true friend".  That is the only way I know how to be.  I am not a vindictive person.  God has taught me that is not the way his children are supposed to be.  So my decision is to exchange Christmas presents with this friend.  To be a true friend.  To accept him where he is without letting him suck the life out of me or get me down.

Is it easy?  No.  I hate seeing friends make bad decisions that will have consequences that are obvious to everyone except for the friend!  It is not my place to control.  It is my joy, not just my job, to love and pray.

What is your joy?


Other Stuff
I made a Costco run with my walking buddy, and then she took me to dinner at Mimi's Cafe for part of my Christmas present.  We had a good talk.

I finished my D1 reading last night.  I had a hard time getting it done after singing so much over the weekend.  I also called my best friend and my mom.  My friend and I also talked a couple of times.  He is so sweet to me.  I sent his mom a poinsettia for Christmas.  She received it yesterday and really liked it.  ;-p  He should receive his Christmas box in the next day or two.  I didn't spend a lot, but I think he will enjoy it.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment